Welcome to Chasin' Tail with Capt. Joey Leggio!! Where you will find "How-To" fishing information.
How-to fishing videos and articles covering topics for the beginner fisherman and advanced anglers alike! This is a fisherman's community that invites participation of all our members.
Featuring the expert advice from some of the top fisherman and captain's in the region! Registration for new members is open, so please join and participate!
“Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.”
- Lao Tzu, Ancient Chinese Philospher
- Published on September 16, 2013
Get your DVR set for Sunday, October 13th at 11:00 AM on the WFN channel. Capt. Joey Leggio will be featured on Lunkerville with Mike D. We will hit an inshore spot and try to get some Sea Bass and then go over to the inlet and try to get some Striped Bass. This show has it all, Drama, Conflict, Humor and yes fish will be caught! Tune in to Lunkerville on WFN...
Lunkerville can also be seen on the PBS and NBC Sports channels
- Published on September 03, 2013
- Published on August 21, 2013
I just want to thank all our members who take their time to join and post!. And I encourage anyone who enjoys the site to please do the same. This is a community site and the more members that are actively engaged the better for us all!
Thanks again to all our members and we look forward to building up this community.
- Published on May 27, 2013
Capt. Joey Leggio of Chasin' Tail and Pete Lamba of Tunacious teamed up to do it again and take FIRST place in the Memorial Day Bass Shootout held out of Baypark Fishing Station, Oceanside, NY. The two trolled a white and a Green / yellow combo Maja Adult Bunker Spoon to get the job done. The big fish hit the Green and Yellow spoon and back at Baypark Fishing Station it weighed in at 36.55 pounds and took the trophy.
- Published on March 08, 2013
This is one of the largest dedicated saltwater only fishing expos in our area, and is a short ride from NJ, Hudson Valley, or Long Island. We're looking forward to it. If you have a chance, it should definitely be worth the trip!
- Published on March 06, 2013
The new and improved website has officially been launched. We still ne to republish many of the articles and videos from the previous site. That will happen over the next week or so. We are also trying to re-arrange things in a more logical, easier to find format.
- Improved layout and design
- Instant messaging (chat in real time!)
- Private messaging (send private messages to members)
So please, check out the new site, and thanks for your patience while we re-introduce previous articles and videos from the old site. We look forward to much more activity now that the Spring fiahing season is about to arrive.
- Published on January 05, 2013
Captain Joey Leggio speaks about Clam Chumming Stripers.
- Published on January 01, 2013
Come meet Capt. Joey Leggio at the NYC Boat show! Joey and some of the area's top fisherman will be discussing fishing techniques. This will be a great opportunity to talk with the guys and learn about the exciting fishing opportunities in our area.
- Capt. Tony DiLernia of Rocket Charters discussing East River Stripers
- Capt. Joe Mattioli of On the Bite Charters discussing fly & light tackle stripers, blues, weakfish and false albacore
- Capt. Joe Leggio of ChasinTailTV.com discussing clam chumming for stripers
- President of the New York Sportfishing Federation, Jim Hutchinson discussing live bait techniques for stripers
- Rich Johnson of The Fishing Line discussing live snapper for doormat fluke
- The Fisherman Magazine will be giving away a brand-new Hydra-Sports 2300 center console
- Capt. Andy LoCascio of Northeast Angling will discuss striped bass from New York Harbor to Montauk
- Northeast Angling co-host and charter boat Captain Rich Tenreiro will discuss big blackfish (tautog) on the LI's North Shore.
- Newsday columnist and editor at The Fisherman Magazine, Tom Schlichter will discuss the East End cod bite
- The Annapolis School of Seamanship will also host a series of informative boating seminars
For more information and show schedule click on the "More" link below
- Published on November 06, 2012
Please use the "Create an Account" link on the right to join! We are looking forward to a diverse group of avid anglers to share and discuss fishing techniques and tactics.
- Published on November 02, 2012
Our prayers and best wishes to all those that suffered during this tragedy. God willing, we will make the best of what has become a very difficult situation.